Vietnam domestic flights refer to the air travel within Vietnam, connecting different cities and destinations within the country. Domestic flights in Vietnam are operated by several airlines, including Vietnam Airlines, Jetstar Pacific, and Vietjet Air.
These flights are a convenient and efficient way to travel across Vietnam, especially for long distances or when time is limited. The domestic flight network in Vietnam is well developed, covering major cities and popular tourist destinations.
Some key points about Vietnam domestic flights include:
1. Airlines: Vietnam Airlines is the national flag carrier and offers the widest network of domestic flights, connecting major cities like Hanoi, Ho Chi Minh City, Da Nang, Hue, Nha Trang, and more. Jetstar Pacific and Vietjet Air are low-cost carriers that also serve various domestic routes.
2. Popular Routes: Some popular domestic flight routes in Vietnam include Hanoi to Ho Chi Minh City (and vice versa), Hanoi to Da Nang, Ho Chi Minh City to Da Nang, and Ho Chi Minh City to Nha Trang.
3. Airports: Vietnam has several major domestic airports, including:
- Noi Bai Int Airport (Ha Noi)
- Tan Son Nhat Int Airport (Ho Chi Minh City)
- Cam Ranh Int Airport (Khanh Hoa)
- Da Nang International Airport
- Cat Bi Int Airport (Hai Phong)
- Can Tho International Airport
- Phu Quoc Intl Airport (Kien Giang)
- Phu Bai Int Airport (Hue)
- Van Don Int Airport (Quang Ninh)
- Tho Xuan Int Airport (Thanh Hoa)
- Dong Hoi Int Airport (Quang Binh)
- Phu Cat Int Airport (Binh Dinh)
- Lien Khuong Intl Airport (Lam Dong)
4. Flight Duration: The duration of domestic flights in Vietnam depends on the distance between the departure and arrival cities. For example, a flight between Hanoi and Ho Chi Minh City takes around 2 hours, while a flight between Hanoi and Da Nang takes about 1 hour.
5. Ticket Prices: The cost of domestic flights in Vietnam can vary depending on the airline, route, and time of travel. Typically, low-cost carriers like Vietjet Air and Jetstar Pacific offer cheaper fares compared to Vietnam Airlines.
6. Baggage Allowance: The baggage allowance for domestic flights in Vietnam is generally more restrictive compared to international flights. Passengers are usually allowed to carry one cabin bag and may have to pay additional fees for checked baggage.
7. Booking and Check-in: Passengers can book Vietnam domestic flights online through airline websites or travel agencies. Check-in usually opens a few hours before the flight departure and can be done online or at the airport.
It is important to check the specific policies and guidelines of the respective airlines before planning a domestic flight in Vietnam, as they may vary in terms of baggage rules, ticket changes, and cancellations.